At Learning Academies we provide high quality, small group extra tuition for 4-16 year olds. Each child follows an individual programme designed to raise attainment, secure their educational goals and, at the same time, develop the skills needed to be confident, assertive learners. Our tutoring is highly effective with a proven track record of success.
As a company we aim to exceed your expectations in all we do and seek to operate within a ‘privacy by design’ framework that reflects best practice.
At Learning Academies, in relation to privacy, we are committed to:
Transparency | Simplicity | Control
OUR AIM: We work to ensure that:
- We are fully transparent in all we do. Whether this is in relation to the terms and conditions of your booking or the data you entrust us with to deliver a highly effective tuition service.
- We communicate effectively, using simple, easy-to-understand language. We want all involved with Learning Academies to be clear about what we do, how we do it and why we work the way we do.
- You have full control over your data.
- You are confident in our ability to work safely and with full regards to the law.
Your trust and confidence is a key priority for us.
BACKGROUND: At Learning Academies we understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who comes in contact with our company including those who visit our website; www.learningademies.co.uk (“Our Site”) as well as those who access our tuition services either as a customer or as a team member. As a company we only collect and use personal data in the ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION: In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Personal data”Means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, this means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site or via an external referral form that you submit to Learning Academies. It also includes data provided to us by potential team members during a recruitment process and that provided by team members to undertake their roles with us. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
“We/Us/Our”Means Learning Academies Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 6206322 whose registered address is Academy House, 39 Hazel Close, Thorrington, CO78HJ.
“Cookie”Means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out below;
LEGAL FRAMEWORK: At Learning Academies we work in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and Data Protection Act 2018. The came into force on 25th May 2018, building upon the foundations of the previous Data Protection Act 1998. GDPR updates processes and procedures and aims to simplify compliance by providing a single law applicable to businesses in all EU countries, rather than having 28 different laws. GDRP will still apply post-Brexit.
- We will only collect and retain relevant and essential data.
- We will store your information safely and securely, protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
- We will ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- We will destroy your information securely.
- We will work hard to keep your personal data up to date
- We will comply fully with our obligations under the GDPR.
YOUR RIGHTS: As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of your personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 13)
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
Our website is ‘open to all,’ with no membership/sign in required. General visitors to Our site (i.e. those not making a booking) will receive three types of third party cookie on their computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for displaying video and tracking visits to our site using Google Analytics. We also use an app called Tawk.to which enables you us to track visitors to our site and, if you wish, it enables you to chat to us via a pop up ‘chat box’. All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT IN RELATION TO THE iACHIEVE PROGRAMME AND WHY? We collect information about you when you complete the online iAchieve Extra Tuition booking form. We also collect information when you voluntarily provide feedback and evaluations of the services you have received. The iAchieve Extra Tuition Booking form enables us to collect a range of data. This is listed on the table attached: iAchieve Programme: Information Collected
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT IN RELATION TO THE iASPIRE PROGRAMME AND WHY? The data shared as part of the iAspire Programme can be accessed from this table attached: iAspire Programme Information Collected
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT (AND WHY) FROM OUR TUTORS AND TEAM MEMBERS? The data shared by our tutors from recruitment through to engagement can be access from this table attached: Tutor Recruitment- Information Collected
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA? We collect and use you information in accordance with the GDPR legal basis as defined in Article 6 and Article 9 below:
Article 6 Lawful Processing. Processing shall be lawful only if and to what extent that the below requirements apply:
The individual whom the personal data is about has consented to the processing, or in the case of a child the parent/guardian has given consent. The processing is necessary: in relation to a contract which the individual has entered into; or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
Article 9 Lawful Processing Explicit consent of the data subject [or in the case of the child, the parent/guardian has given consent] see consent form.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA? All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply fully with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis. In the case of iAspire and iAchieve, we use your data in accordance with the reasons outlined on the tables above. Namely, in order to offer you a first rate tuition service. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Supplying Our services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring Our service to our customers;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our services.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message and/or post with information, news, and offers on Our tuition services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- Confirming tutor training details with partner schools.
HOW WE ENABLE YOU TO WITHDRAW CONSENT. You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it. To withdraw your consent you should email email@example.com.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA? We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- When a student leaves a Learning Academies tuition programme a closing statement is raised. Once any outstanding fees have been received and or any overpayments returned, we will officially close your contract with us.
- All data retaining to your tuition programme will be fully deleted at the point of closure.
- We do not retain data (other than records of financial past payments) post tuition.
- In exceptional circumstances, at your request, we will retain your data in such circumstances as you envisage a return to tuition. If, after a period of one year, you have not returned your data will be deleted.
- Where you have given us express permission to use photographs/video images/testimonials for marketing and promotion, these images will remain in our secure photo library until such time as permission is withdrawn. When they are no longer required they will be securely deleted.
HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA? We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. No data is stored on our website (with the exception of the cookies aforementioned). At the time of booking on the iAchieve Programme a secure, password protected excel file is generated and sent directly to Learning Academies Ltd. We transfer this information to our central Student Database. This is stored securely in electronic format only and is accessed only by password. Our iAspire Referral Form is linked directly to our secure Google Drive.
All data is stored in the Cloud, using a secure Learning Academies Google Drive. Google confirm the importance of the European Commission’s Data Protection Directive , passed by the European Union (EU) in 1995. This restricts the movement of data from the EU to non-EU countries that do not meet the EU’s “adequacy” standard for privacy protection. Processing personal data strictly within the EU is one means of compliance with the Directive.
Some or all of your data stored securely on the Google Drive may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE? At Learning Academies we take the safe collection and handling of your data very seriously. We have many safeguards in place to prevent personal information about you, and your family, from being lost and to prevent cyber-attacks, phishing, or other malicious activity.
Secure Booking Form Data provided by customers via the iAchieve Booking Form is not stored, at anytime, on our website. It is sent, automatically, upon completion to Head Office and the relevant Education Director in a secure, password protected, Excel File.
Receiving Email Accounts The email account to which your data is sent is secure. It is password protected and, in addition, the hardware used to access the email is also password protected. No data is stored on memory sticks.
System Backups We use the latest technology to provide reliable access to your data and have processes to back up all data on a regular basis. All Learning Academies Back Up systems are secure.
Accidental Deletions Our secure time capsule backups are designed to enable us to retrieve any key details that may have been accidentally deleted.
Payment information All payments at Learning Academies are processed via Go Cardless and/or Eventbrite – both of which organisations have been specifically selected for their excellent security and data handling processes. For further information relating to payments, please see the relevant section under your preferred tuition programme.
Needs Only Basis We only share your data with those who need it and only with those organisations and individuals we fully trust and, without whom, we would be unable to provide you with an effective service.
WHO MIGHT WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH? We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes unless this is essential to the effective delivery of our service. E.g. if we are working in partnership with your school. We recognise that, in exceptional circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
However, we note that there may be times when may wish to compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA? When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details). We will never send you ‘general marketing’ and commit to sending only information and opportunities that are relevant to the tuition service you access.
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHOLD INFORMATION: You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. (With the exception of our password protected tutor portal). However, in order to make a booking you will be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data, without which we would be unable to offer a safe and effective tutoring service.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR DATA? You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). In accordance with GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS? If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided above and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.